(1) This policy provides you with information about the personal data we collect when you use our website. Personal data is any data that can be linked to you personally, for example your name, address, email addresses, or user behavior.
(2) The controller as defined by Article 4 (7) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is
For any questions, you can contact our data protection officer at email@example.com or by writing to the attention of “The data protection officer” at our postal address above.
(3) Should you contact us by email or via a contact form, we will store the data you provide (for example your email address, your name, or your telephone number) in order to answer your questions. We shall delete data in connection with this request as soon as the purpose for storage ceases to apply, or restrict its processing if there is a legal obligation for us to retain this data.
(4) If we wish to use contracted service providers for certain elements of what we offer, or to use your data for advertising purposes, we will provide you with details in each case explaining the processes involved. We will also tell you the criteria used to determine the period for which data is stored.
(1) You have the following rights regarding the personal data we hold on you:
(2) You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority about the processing of your personal data by us.
(1) If you use our website for informational purposes only, i.e. if you do not register or otherwise provide us with information, we collect only the personal data that your browser transfers to our server. If you wish to view our website, we collect the following data that is technically required for us to display our website and to guarantee stability and security (legal basis is point (f) of Article 6 (1) GDPR):
(2) In addition to the aforementioned data, cookies are stored on your device when you use our website. Cookies are small text files that are saved on your hard drive and which are assigned to the browser you are using. Cookies provide the site that sets the cookies (in this case us) with certain information. Cookies cannot run programs or infect your computer with a virus. They serve to make the website more intuitive and user-friendly.
a) This website uses the following types of cookies, the scope and functionality of which are explained below:
b) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close your browser. In particular, they include what are known as session cookies. These store a session ID that assigns various browser requests to a common session, which allows us to recognize your device when you return to our website. Session cookies are deleted when you log out or close your browser.
c) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period, which can vary depending on the cookie. You can delete cookies via your browser security settings at any time.
d) Your browser settings can be configured however you wish. For example, you can set your browser to not accept third-party cookies or to block cookies altogether. Please note, however, that not accepting cookies can affect the functionality of this website.
(1) If you apply for a position through the careers section of our website, only the data required to perform the contract shall be collected. We store this contractually required data until the application process has been completed. Should you give consent for our talent pool following the application process, we shall store the data you provide for the period of the consent given. The legal basis for this is point (f) of Article 6 (1) GDPR. The data you provide can be modified or selected for deletion at any time by sending a request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(2) The data you submit for application purposes can be viewed in connection with your application by the employees of our HR department, management, or the team leaders / people responsible for the role within an internal application management system. Third parties or PITERION employees other than those mentioned above shall have no access to your data.
(3) To prevent third parties gaining unauthorized access to your personal data, the connection is encrypted using TLS technology.
(4) Please feel free to send us a speculative application. Please ensure the channel you use for sending this application provides adequate levels of security. It is not recommended to send emails without a suitable encryption method, as your data could be intercepted, read, and used by unauthorized persons. If you would like to send us an encrypted email with your application documents, please use the following email address only: email@example.com. However, in order to protect your data, we recommend using our dedicated application platform.
(1) We use the web analytics service Matomo to analyze and regularly improve the use of our website. The statistics we obtain from this service help us to improve what the website offers and make it more interesting to you as a user. The legal basis for the use of Matomo is point (f) of Article 6 (1) GDPR.
(2) This website uses Piwik with the extension “AnonymizeIP”. This means that IP addresses are truncated before further processing to prevent them being linked to any particular person. The IP address sent via Piwik from your browser will not be associated with any other data held by us.
(4) This analytics service requires cookies (see §4 of this document for more details) to be saved on your computer. The information collected is stored exclusively on our own servers in Germany. You can stop this analysis by deleting existing cookies and blocking the storage of cookies on your device. Please note that blocking the storage of cookies can affect the functionality of this website. You can block the storage of cookies by adjusting your browser settings. You can prevent the use of Piwik by unchecking the box below to activate the opt-out plug-in:
(1) If you have given consent for your data to be processed, you can withdraw this consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent affects the legitimacy of the processing of your personal data.
(2) You can object to the processing of your personal data insofar as we base this processing on the assessment of interests. This is the case if, in particular, processing is not required to perform a contract with you as per the description provided with each offer or feature. If you wish to object to the processing of such personal data, we ask you to provide reasons why we should no longer process this data as we have done up to that point. Once we have received your objection and the reasons, we will examine the facts and either discontinue or adjust the processing of the data, or present you with compelling and legitimate grounds on which we will continue to process the data.
(3) You can of course object to your personal data being processed for the purpose of advertising and data analysis at any time. Any objection related to advertising should be sent to us using the contact information published in this policy.